Sandy Grason Kwiat
Technical & Strategic Leadership | Communications Specialist |
Author | Speaker | Coach | Trainer
RS Technologies, Inc, FG Press,
Mobile Imagination, Sandy Grason Unlimited
University of Florida
Expert in critical business relationships, product/brand strategy & leading teams, I work in technology with a focus on Agile software development. Former CEO, Business Strategist, Consultant, Author & Entrepreneur.
With over a decade of entrepreneurial experience, I now use my superpowers to help Fortune 500 teams tap into the urgency and focus required to survive and thrive. I am a Strategic Communications Specialist with the ability to effectively enroll and motivate across all levels — from C-Suite to Scrum Teams. I’m a trainer & coach, accomplished speaker & presenter, published author, passionate about technology, lover of chocolate, movies, skiing & shoes (not necessarily in that order).
My philosophy is:
Take your work seriously, but never yourself. Play 100% full out every day. Have FUN.
Sr. Director, Software Development
February 2018 – Present (Denver, CO)
- Designed and implemented framework for hiring lean, agile high performing team including team lead and business development specialist to enhance consistent software engineering practices and create meaningful impact across Charter aligned with team’s aggressive initiatives and expectations.
- Manage Quarterly Executive presentations and all external communications including technical demonstrations, building business cases to sell future projects and meeting with potential project partners across the company to inform, educate and market Workshop team’s capabilities.
- Lead an innovative, collaborative, high performing work team of entrepreneurial software engineers to produce exceptional software that enhances customer experience and challenges the status quo.
- Build relationships with key business partners to ensure efficient execution across organizations.
- Crispy communicate a strategy that is aligned with the organization’s purpose and long-range vision and lead day-to-day investments of time and resources by direct reports at all levels of the organization.
- Guide a culture of performance, engagement & accountability for scaling better & faster. Mentor team by collaborating and listening to their concerns.
- Hire and develop an effective front-line management team and assist with developing their direct reports to drive a high-performance culture and environment.
- Implement and enhance consistent software engineering practices to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations.
- Executive and stakeholder communications supporting product partners and operations including technical services, code upgrades, and video operations.
- Direct project planning, capital budgeting and assisting with business plan development. Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional software that enhances customer experience.
- Ensure a high degree of cross functional communication and participation in line with product planning, deployment and support.
Chief of Staff, Video Software Development
Charter Communications |Time Warner Cable
April 2015 – February 2018 (Denver, CO)
- Lead projects deemed highly important to the video software development team and Charter leadership such as; financials, roadmap & resource planning, team strategy & implementation, analytics, executive decks, cross – organizational projects, operations & integration plans, employee engagement, workforce agility & lean planning, strategy execution.
- Provide analytical support to the video software development team to help identify and prioritize features via ROI and strategic analysis.
- Build the trust and confidence of the video software development & Charter leadership teams in order to execute on bold new strategies through intentional projects during turbulent times.
- Guide the video software development leadership to develop solutions that are practical & deliver results that are aligned with the team’s specific goals.
- Keep a watchful eye on the moving parts and work to maintain the integrity of the strength and flexibility of the teams.
- Guide a culture of performance, engagement & accountability for scaling better & faster.
- Build and leverage extensive experience & network in favor of action steps once the team’s success strategy has been defined.
- Communicate development plans, milestones, and strategic decisions with other organizations within
July 2015 – February 2018 (Greater Denver Area)
Watson is a new university model for student innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs aged 18-23 that includes short master courses from the world’s foremost leaders, entrepreneurs, and thinkers including a co-recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people and more; intensive mentorship; and training in the entrepreneurial skills of empathy, creativity, resilience, grit, bootstrapping, team building and fundraising. Watson helps students develop and advance solutions to the toughest challenges facing the world.
VP, Principal Consultant
RS Technologies, Inc
April 2010 – December 2019 (Greater Denver Area)
Technology, Media, Production & Creative consulting.
Project Management, Executive Producer
Chief Marketing Officer
Foundry Group Press
April 2014 – December 2014 (Boulder, CO)
Brought on by Foundry Group as Employee #2 in charge of corporate communications, project management, marketing, community & brand building for individual authors as well as FG Press. Acquired new authors and managed key relationships with authors and prospective marketing partners. Prepared sales & marketing reports for stakeholders and investors. Excelled at role of public speaking/evangelizing on behalf of the company. Managed and trained all team members throughout the book selection, editing, and marketing process.
- Served as a dynamic evangelist for FG Press, speaking to audiences large & small, recruiting new talent and executing the mission of disrupting the publishing world.
- Supervised and inspired the creative team and vendor partners.
- Created & implemented launch strategies & systems for each author, unique to each author, yet structured to allow for maximum exposure and scalability.
Director of Communications, Editor-in-Chief
September 2013 – April 2014 (Boulder, Colorado)
Worked directly with CEO on execution of brand vision and voice of entire company, including but not limited to narrative, design, journalism, content curation and communications. In charge of most trusted and valued corporate relationships and strategic partners. Worked collaboratively and creatively with all mentors and investors (representing some of the top entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders of our time). Supported design and implementation of website development. Led projects to completion through initiation, planning, scheduling, coordination, and managing for launch.
- Coordinated and collaborated directly with the Founder/CEO.
- Served as the main point of contact for Unreasonable’s most valued
- Facilitated and communicated the vision, strategy, roadmap and release plans.
Director, Product Development
October 2009 – August 2013 (Boulder, CO)
Consulting, Digital Web and Technology Media Company. Doddle, a portal for the Film/TV production company including an international resource directory, news/blogs, and cutting edge SAAS web and mobile tools for crew management. DoddlePRO’s crew management system has been featured in Forbes, Internationally recognized, and used in productions at NBC, ABC, CBS, Channel 5 (UK), Food Network, PBS, and many more.
CEO | Managing Director | Coach
Sandy Grason Unlimited
January 2002 – April 2013 Worldwide
- Selected, hired, and managed team members, working to carefully plan our deliverables, creating a work breakdown structure and determining critical paths to effectively manage budget and scope to deliver a working platform.
- Mitigated risk factors through careful analysis of financial and statistical data.
- Anticipated and managed change effectively in rapidly evolving global business environments.
- Led teams across broad technical, financial and business disciplines in the successful launch of SandyGrason.com.
- Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget and with the desired results.
LA Talk Radio
December 2008 – March 2010 (Greater Los Angeles Area, Worldwide)
“The Road to Fabulous” was described as… “A Virtual Cocktail Party hosted by Sandy Grason that introduces you to the world’s most fabulous people, while giving you a roadmap to creating a fabulous life that feeds your soul. Mix fun & fascinating interviews with savvy & successful personalities then add a splash of practical tips that you can apply in your own life – today. Think “Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous” meets “The Charlie Rose Show”. Join Sandy for a celebration of life, shoes, Hot Moguls, building an Empire and finding your Mojo.”
New World Library
beginning May 2005 (Worldwide)
Published in 2005 by New World Library, Journalution has been endorsed by Deepak Chopra, Louise Hay, John Gray and thousands of individuals whose lives have been transformed through Sandy’s workshops, books, interviews and live performances.
Featured in The Chicago Tribune, The Palm Beach Post, Body + Soul Magazine, Woman’s Day, Ocean Drive Magazine and many more.
New World Library
published May 10, 2005
“Journaling is one of the most powerful tools we have to transform our lives. Let Sandy Grason’s Journalution guide you in creating a joyful and abundant life.” ~ Deepak Chopra
This is one of the most interesting books on personal development I’ve ever read. There are no rules or guidelines, just lots of helpful suggestions and encouragement. I look at journaling in a whole new light now. I’m so much more relaxed, free, and honest than I used to be. I’ve found that journaling from the heart to be such an enlightening experience.
I love the fact that Sandy Grason does not lay down “rules” about how to do things. Instead, she gives examples of what has worked for other people. You make all the decisions yourself so it is truly an empowering endeavor.
Everything but The Kitchen Sink: An Interview with Kimbal Musk
Sandy Grason sits down with Kimbal Musk, entrepreneur extraordinaire, to discuss everything from space travel to real food.